It's hard to beat a day with your girl(s) indulging in self care. Obviously self care means many things, but when it comes to Valentine's Day, might as well celebrate the holiday by planning a serious date with your bff. And, the best part? You can do this anytime, maybe a few times throughout February.
At Home Spa
Load up on fresh flowers, candies, nail polish, magazines, face masks (we used the Deep Blue Sea Facemask from Gathered & Grown), candles, tea and other fun beverages, and snacks! A foot bath in a rubber made tub filled with bath salts works wonders. Pop on a movie, or music while you browse magazines and gather outfit inspo while fulfilling your snack needs. Take your time in the preparations so you can fully indulge when its time to help lay the cucumbers on each other's eyes ;)
Go all the way with your hair, makeup, and outfit! Coffee dates are the best, and even better when you get to go out with your cute best friend. Imagine you're meeting up in a new city, playing tourist, and haven't been out of town together in ages. Then settle on an out-of-the-norm coffee shop. A few of my favorite coffee shops in Juneau are:
- Coppa - Ever heard of an affogato? It's ice creamed drowned in a shot of espresso. In this case, HOMEMADE ice cream!
- Heritage Cafe inside of the Baranof Hotel - This is kind of an out-of-the-way coffee shop with great people watching! You can tuck away at the end of the space and sip your coffee in peace.
- Rookery Cafe - When you're in the mood to show off your outfit.
- Zerelda's Bistro - Definitely for lovers. Splurge and get yourself one of their ridiculously delicious freshly baked pastries! This is such a quaint little shop you just might stay for a meal!
- Gonzo - Best view for dreaming up schemes and wild plans with each other.
After you take your time sipping coffee, move on to another location. And definitely pack an outfit change if you're feeling extra. Perhaps you're in the mood for sushi, or seafood? The best part about going out with your girls, is often times you can split a meal! So even if you go to an expensive restaurant, you're still enjoying the food without breaking each other's bank. My favorite restaurants for Galentine's are:
- In Boca Al Lupo - As if you needed another reason to come here.
- Salt - The French Onion Soup is even dreamier with your girls.
- The Narrows - The best cocktails in town! Get a little crazy and do some taste testing of whisky or tequila!
- The Bubble Room - For when you need retro vibes and feel like going off the beaten path to a bar less traveled by locals.
- Amalga Distillery - an ever evolving list of creative cocktails with fresh ingredients and tastefully made gin.
- Devil's Club Brewery - A good ambiance that serves the munchies ;)
- The Sandbar - apparently the best White Russians around! Then escape with an Uber... as long as there's one on duty haha.
- Louie’s - South Douglas’s spot to be.
Cheers to celebrating your friendship. Gal pals are the best!
Shop the Look & More
Shoes provided by Shoefly in Juneau, Alaska