A tasteful event put on by brilliant minds, the premier Wildwood Event took place in Juneau, Alaska towards the end of June. Definitely one of my favorite times of year, crossing summer solstice with a warm breeze and cocktail in hand. Although I played a small part in orchestrating this party, I still get to look back and smile. A truly all-hands-on-deck collaboration to celebrate the coming together, entrepreneurship, and the love for a fancy party.
Higher Image Management - Dana Herndon, event co-coordinator.
Sydney Akagi - Photographer Extroadinaire and event co-coordinator.
Aleph Designs - Woodworking on another level.
Cate Ross - Executive Chef and Birthday Girl we were lucky enough to celebrate with.
Resolute Boutique (me!) - Outfitter of the ladies.
Plan your own fancy party in the forest
- Farmhouse style dining table, mixed seating;
- Tablescape items from the surroundings, including rocks for centerpieces, branches, wildflowers, spruce tips, and moss (get creative with what you find!);
- Candles and string lights to hang in the trees;
- Chic dining set, a fun substitute might be to have mismatched items with a common theme;
- Printed dinner menus;
- In season fresh floral arrangements;
- For the desert and drink table; a chandelier to hang in the trees, small chalk board sign, matching cups mule mugs, killer cocktails, bucket for ice, and a fun desert that can be on display.
For the Women's outfits
I dressed everyone with a similar color tone. Thinking of creams, lavenders, oranges, all of which accented the party's theme and outdoor location. Looking uniquely dressed solo, yet visually complimenting each other when standing together.
I advised the men to wear similar color tones, basic shirts with nice jeans or pants, yet keeping things light because we were going to be set in a forest which tends to lean on the darker side through photos. They all came dressed wonderfully and complimented the party's them perfectly!
On the Menu
- Gin and tonics, beer, and champagne, baby!
- A simply delicious appetizer of a cracker, cream cheese, and bull kelp pickle;
- Side stripes and spot prawns;
- Dungeness crab drenched in melted butter;
- Vanilla naked cake with deadly frosting.
*Funny side note; I'm painfully allergic to crab, so I only had gin and tonics, kelp, and cake for dinner - which is a typical meal for me... haha
Overall a truly beautiful event I hope can become an annual party! Would you want to come next time? What would you add? Enjoy the photos, create your own party, and shop the looks!
Shop the looks