Sentinel Lighthouse - TBD
A day trip from Juneau, Alaska to Sentinel Island to help restore and provide general maintenance to the Gastineau Channel Historical Society, a non-profit, who maintains the lighthouse.
- Depart Statter Harbor at 9:00am.
- Transfer by water taxi to Sentinel Island.
- Arrive to the lighthouse to settle in for the day and outline the day's tasks.
- Be prepared to cut brush by bringing gloves, work clothes that can get dirty, a hat, and any layers depending on weather.
- Bring plenty of water for the day, snacks to get you through lunch, and anything you need personally for the day.
- There is no running water or electricity on the island.
- Camera's are welcome!
- Some snacks and beverages will be provided.
- Departure from the island is tide dependent, we plan to be picked up by 1pm.